Saturday, October 6, 2018

Waumbek. September 30, 2018

Starr King trail, 2,650 feet of elevation, 7.2 miles

See Alex's blog post about her and Mom's hike; it will be posted shortly.

Do you want to learn about global warming, temperature increases, and how a small change can make a big difference when it comes to the environment?  If so, visit this Union of Concerned Scientists article.  To donate to UCS, click here.

On this hike, I went 15 minutes ahead of Alex and Mom, so I started in darkness.  The trail was relatively moderate, and it flew by. 


Eventually, I made it to Starr King.  There was a bit of an undercast (that seems to be happening a lot lately) and, paired with the early morning sun, the views were breath-taking.





I headed over to Waumbek...



Before I knew it, I was at the summit.  The path between Starr King and Waumbek is so easy and moderate it usually feels less than one mile long.


I continued to the view point and sat down to wait for Alex and Mom.  There was a view of the Presidentials, and I could even see the summit buildings on Mount Washington.




After a while, Alex and Mom came and we all said hello to each other.  I then started to head down the mountain while they had their summit break.




Looking through the woods at the mountains in the distance...


I continued down towards the car.



Yay!  I got to the car and waited for Alex and Mom to catch up with me.


When they did, we put our gear in the trunk of the car and drove away.  We talked about our experiences and agreed that it had been a chilly, but beautiful, morning hike.


No comments:

Post a Comment